Asus RT-N 18U 2.4ghz N600 High Power Wireless Router
- In terms of hardware specifications, ASUS RT-N18U is very interesting: it has a powerful Cortex A9 800MHz processor just like its more expensive brothers, 128MB of flash memory and 256MB of RAM. Because it is a single-band router and not a dual-band router, it means that this hardware works even better because it has to manage only one wireless frequency.
- Asus has recently launched a very interesting single-band router: RT-N18U - a router that works using only the 2.4 GHz frequency, it has the hardware power of more expensive routers and it is reasonably priced. Its characteristics led us to believe that this might be the fastest wireless router on the 2.4 GHz frequency .
- The router has three external antennas and one USB 3.0 port that's also compatible with USB 2.0 devices.
- Another great thing about the whole setup process is the fact that you can change both the default username and password used to log in and administer the router. Using a username that's different from the default
- VPN server - this router can be set to work as a VPN server, which allows you to access your home network from anywhere on the Internet. You can also use it to turn your network-connected devices into VPN-enabled clients via OpenVPN, PPTP and L2TP protocols without additional VPN software required.
2.4 GHz 600 Mbps High Power Router. Energy-efficient processor and TurboQAMTM technology ensures ultimate wireless speeds of up to 600 Mbps, 33% faster than standard wireless N Five Gigabit Ethernet ports plus Turbo NAT for two and five times faster internet performance AiRadar with universal beamforming optimizes signal strength in any direction to give up to 150% coverage Built-in USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports for up to 10 times faster transfer speeds to storage devices, printer networking and 3G/4G dongle support ASUS AiCloud to access, sync, share and stream your home networked data to any internet-connected PC, Android and iOS devices.